Pinterest as a Blog Organization Tool



With the launch of the 2015 New Quilt Bloggers blog hop, I wanted to pass along what might be an unlikely web platform that has proved to be invaluable to me throughout my blogging journey --


For many it can be addictive, and it's a great resource for inspiration that allows you to search for specific terms. I admit it's my go-to source for new recipes, but for me it's a great way to keep me organized when I find helpful information on anything related to quilting and blogging.

Here's how I use Pinterest: I create very specific categories so that I can find things easily and quickly. If you check out my Pinterest page you'll see that I have boards for tutorials, basic sewing tips, blogging tips, free motion quilting, and even EQ7 tutorials and tips. I think one of the most invaluable boards that I use is the one specifically for blogging. Throughout this blog hop, there has already been a lot of great tips, but depending upon where you are in your blogging journey, you might not be ready to implement some of them. That's when I pin it to my "Blog All About It" board so I can easily find it later when I'm ready.  To make it even easier to pin something, I installed the pinterest button directly to my browser bar. Some great tips on my board are how to add that little "Pin It" hover button on your own blog photos, how to add a custom feedly button, how to watermark previously loaded photos on your blog, and most recently, Alyce's tip on an Instagram landing page (thanks Alyce - it worked like a charm!).

So give it a try as a way to keep all these great blogging tips at your fingertips!


Comments

  1. Great advice, Diana! I have to be careful not to get sucked into Pinterest when I go to use it, but there is a lot of great inspiration and ideas that I have stashed away there that I need to remember to use more often, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too use pinterest but have been lax of late must get back into the habit. Instagram I struggle with, do look at things but not understanding how to load up things and do not know what the # is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this post, Diana. I really need to clean up my Pinterest boards and get more organized. You have some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great advice - I also use Pinterest to organize my bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I confess that I just use Pinterest as a visual thing. I never thought of pinning tutorials and instructions there. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great advice Diana! I do love Pinterest and use it frequently to keep tutorials and quilting ideas, etc. Of course, I've started doing that with Bloglovin' categories too, sometimes I find that easier in the moment. One thing I love about the blogging world is virtually meeting so many talented quilters. Isn't Alyce just one of the best?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pinterest is addicting! I love it! And I love that you are using it for Blogging tips! I never thought of that... I will be checking out your board ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try to do this too! My page isn't quite as organized as yours but its definitely a great way to organize lots of different information and links. I started following you on Pinterest so I'm looking forward to more inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And just this morning...before reading this, I created web folder for blog tips on my favorites! I'm totally going to make a pinterest board of Blog Tips too! Thank you. I came across this post by way of Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts Let's Bee Social linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Advice Diana! I find Pinterest is invaluable for all of those reasons too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your idea of making very specific boards so you can find things. I spend way too much time looking for things that I have saved. Thanks, off to create some new boards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep...me too. Many good points made...I even created a board of my own quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great advice and tips, Diana. I'm glad I met you through the New Bloggers Blog Hop. Your blog is so pretty and well organized.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from my readers. I typically respond directly to your email unless it's an answer that I think everyone would be interested in hearing. If you are a no-reply blogger (and I know that blogger does not play nice with other blogging platforms!), I will reply directly on my website. Thanks for stopping by!